Top Five Facts You Should Know About Drivers Education in the United States

Driving schools in irvine

Whether you are looking for Irvine driving schools or Orange County drivers ed, here are a few important facts that you should know about driving instruction in the United States.

1. For the best behind the wheel training, special cars fitted with dual controls, so that the instructor can operate the brakes and other parts of the vehicle, are made specifically for the use in drivers training.

2. Though the laws vary from state to state, California, teenagers are allowed to obtain a provisional license beginning at age 16. In some states, teenagers are allowed to procure a learners permit as as young as 14.

3. Though they have come a long way in the past decades, the very first drivers ed instructor used his own car to teach his students. Though not every instructor uses them, they make special cars specifically for drivers training these days.

4. The presence of teen passengers increases the crash risk of unsupervised teen drivers. The risk increases with the number of teen passengers. The risk can be increased so much that some states have legislation that limits the number of peers allowed in cars driven by underage drivers.

5. Did you know that the average driver swears approximately 32,000 times in their lifetime while operating a motor vehicle? There are studies that show that the more agitated and reactionary people are in their cars, the more likely they are to engage in acts of road rage.

Comments

Troy Simpson 06-11-2013, 11:03

i didnt have to take drivers ed, but i think that they changed the rules right after i got my lisnes so i guess i have that going for me

Derrick Webb 12-03-2014, 13:53

i also didnt have to take drivers ed, but i think that it is optional for my whole state. they;re pretty lax about the whole driving thing.

Jeffery Norris 11-04-2014, 16:29