You do not need to be an artist to create a logo, but you do need a bit of skill when creating an attention grabbing design. Luckily, good logo design tips are not difficult to come by. If you are looking for logo design tips for beginners, follow these steps to ensure your logo will be remembered for years to come.
1. Do something out of the ordinary. That does not mean you should design something so intricate that nobody knows what it is, but it also does not mean you should copy a simple design. Logo designing tips start with putting yourself in the shoes of the consumer. If you saw a logo that was generic, boring, and confusing, would you consider purchasing that product?
2. Choose colors that represent the product while grabbing the attention of the consumer. Whether you are doing graphic design for small business or web development for small business, great web designers will use colors that really stand out. Be smart with the color palate, though. Avoid using so much color that the consumer cannot even tell what the logo is.
3. Do not be afraid to use custom typography. It can add a sense of style to your logo and help it become unique. It is important not to choose one that people cannot read, though, because if at first glance the consumer cannot read the words they will likely gloss right over the product.
4. Give the logo a sense of motion. If what you designed just sits on the paper with no dimension or sense of movement it will not offer the consumer any excitement. If the logo appears to be in motion, however, it will stimulate the mind of consumers and peak their interest.
5. Allow your logo to accept slight changes. Depending on which market you are catering to, you may need to change a letter here or add something there in order to appeal to everyone. If the logo is too literal or too flat in creativity, it will never offer room for change and will ultimately become boring or become lost in translation.
Good logo design tips are useful when they are actually heeded. When they are not, you run the risk of creating just another boring logo that people will never look back on. Good logo design tips start with you being able to adapt to change as well as making your logo memorable for consumers.